Well, it seems as though sleep will evade me yet again!
Numero Uno on the bucket list is about to get knocked off.
Tomorrow I am boarding a flight for my first overseas mission trip! Months of prayers, prep, and work went into this. I have laughed, cried, and everything in between in the process. I have been scared. I have been nervous. Now, I am just plain EXCITED! I get jitters and chills just thinking about it. My life is about to change.
I will try to update on FB, so y’all can see what’s going on. I ask that you pray for me and the team that I am a part of. God has designed this trip and placed the right people for the right reasons, and that makes me SO much more excited.
I know God’s about to do something great. He has been challenging me lately and convicting me in some areas of my life that I need to let Him have control over. He is refining me in this process and helping me learn to lean on him and trust Him more.
I am so so very excited for this opportunity. God has been so faithful through this whole process. I just can’t wait to get to live out the plans He has made.
Today was a great day. I usually write out a story and tell how God used it, but today I am in list-maker mode.We talked about being thankful today at church among other things, so I have compiled a short list of things I am thankful for today.
I Thank God for:
- His love. That He loved me enough to send His son to die for me.
- Joy. I have experienced so much joy from listening to Him and trusting in His word.
- His peace. It truly is amazing how He can calm this million miles a minute head and heart I have.
- His Grace. It is so amazing and I don’t deserve it, but I am SO very thankful he gives it freely.
- My family. They are so supportive and encouraging of me and my dreams.
- My church family. They are so loving and it feels great to know when they are all praying!:)
- My girls. He has given me some of the greatest, most special best friends. I love how I don’t even have to say a word and they know just what I am thinking. I am so blessed by each one of them.
- Friends that challenge me and encourage me. People that keep me sharp and allow me to sharpen them as well.
- Getting to have quality time and conversation over nails and last minute Wal-mart runs with one of my MOST favorite people in the world.:)
- God answering prayers and showing his sovereignty.
- God’s provision in my life.
- His strength.
- Getting to see lots of the precious children I work with get baptized.It was such a special day!:)
I could go on and on…. God is so faithful, and I am so thankful.
Well, I better get going. Tomorrow starts a brand new adventure!
“I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. It is right for me to feel this way about you all, because I hold you in my heart, for you are all partakers with me of grace,[both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel. For God is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus. And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.”